Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Charlotte NC
NEED A DRUNK DRIVING CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN CHARLOTTE?
While everyone is aware of the criminal consequences of drunk driving, civil remedies are available to hold the motorist civilly responsible for the accident that caused you damage.
Suppose you or a loved one has been severely wounded in a Charlotte car accident caused by a drunk driver on Charlotte highway. In that case, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Yale Haymond Law PLLC’s Charlotte drunk driving car accident attorney is dedicated to preserving your legal rights and obtaining the compensation you deserve. Our law firm is equipped to help individuals injured in car accidents and look forward to supporting you. We handle Charlotte drunk driving accident claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that we only charge legal costs if we successfully secure a recovery on your behalf. We provide a free consultation via phone, videoconference, or in house. While the state may prosecute a drunk driver, no action will be taken by the state to compensate you for your injury, for that call Yale Haymond Law today.
HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER? WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you get hit by a drunk driver, there are certain things you should do as soon as possible to protect the validity of your claim. A drunk driving car accident attorney may then dig in and unearth crucial information to address legal issues you may not even be aware of.
- Report the Mishap: You should call the police as soon as possible to report the collision. An investigating officer will arrive and interview you and the intoxicated driver. You should maintain your record of the accident to collect as much evidence as possible. Make a note of the name and contact information of the individual who was driving while intoxicated. We highly advise that you get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident. It’s also recommended to take photos of the accident site as soon as possible.
- Seek Medical Help: If you are injured, you should seek medical attention right away. Even if you do not notice any obvious injuries, you should see your doctor within a few days after the event to diagnose and treat any possible latent injuries. Keep a record of your injuries, medical and rehabilitation expenses, and lost income from time away from work. Gather the information of the other motorist. Make an effort to get complete contact and insurance information from any other drivers involved in the collision, even if they were not at fault. Never accept fault for the automobile accident throughout this procedure.
- Speak with potential witnesses: If you need to seek compensation for your injuries or property damage, your lawyer may want to meet with these witnesses.
- Notify your insurance company: Even if you were not at fault, notify your insurance carrier of the accident. Your insurance company will seek reimbursement from the insurer of the responsible driver.
- Speak with a lawyer: Speak with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible following your accident, particularly if you suffered serious injuries or property damage. A competent attorney in Charlotte, NC, can assist you in obtaining monetary compensation to pay medical costs, missed income, and other expenditures. Your injury attorney will also fight on your behalf with the drunk driver’s car insurance to ensure you are treated fairly and get full reimbursement for your injuries. If the drunk driver’s insurance policy is insufficient to compensate you for your injuries, you may be able to recover under your policy.
If an insurance company approaches you, direct them to your automobile accident lawyer and do not make any further statements. You are not required to communicate with the insurance company. Accepting a settlement offer too soon is a frequent error. Even small automobile accidents may result in serious injuries. Along with accepting a settlement, an insurer may request that you sign a release of responsibility. This will prohibit you from pursuing any further claims relating to the accident in the future. Signing away your right to compensation is not a good idea.
FILLING AN INSURANCE CLAIM
Drunk Driving Car accident attorney in Charlotte
If someone you know was injured due to a collision, call Yale Haymond Law PLLC at (704) 800-HELP (4357) or contact us today for a case assessment. The first consultation is completely free of charge. If we accept your case, there will be no legal costs unless we successfully recover money for you. The Charlotte drunk driving car accident attorney at the Yale Haymond Law PLLC is dedicated to assisting you in obtaining the most monetary compensation possible.
Compensation for injuries sustained in a drunk driving accident or dram shop claim may include:
- pain and suffering
- medical expenses incurred including but not limited to emergency care treatment, surgery, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Lost earnings from work, including but not limited to payroll wages and benefits that you might have reasonably received if the injuries had not resulted in incapacity and the inability to work as usual.
- Expenses for any damaged or destroyed property, such as your vehicle.
- Punitive Damages
You must contact us as soon as possible so that you do not lose your rights to monetary and other compensation. Your drunk driving victim attorney will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get the highest possible reimbursement. Furthermore, your attorney will assist you in identifying additional individuals who may be responsible, such as anybody who served the drunk driver while they were inebriated. If you are unsure if another person is to blame for your automobile accident and injuries, your attorney will assist you in sorting through the evidence and making that decision.
Set up a free first appointment to learn more about our law firm and tell us about your situation. There is no commitment to engage with us based on this consultation, but we hope you will choose to depend on our trial attorneys’ knowledge and experience. If you were injured due to someone else’s carelessness, you only have a limited period to file a lawsuit. A drunk driving car accident attorney can examine the facts of your case and explain what compensation may be available to you.
CALL A DRUNK DRIVING CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN CHARLOTTE TODAY
Drunk driving is a major issue in our nation. Even more concerning, the typical drunk driver gets away with driving intoxicated multiple times before being arrested.
This is not a problem that will be addressed quickly, but you can help draw attention to it by putting a light on someone who has injured you or a loved one in a drunk driving accident. Working with a vehicle accident attorney at the Yale Haymond Law PLLC will demonstrate that driving under the influence has repercussions.
Many individuals believe it is fine to drive after a few drinks if they have no other means to get home. They may claim that they drove themselves to the bar or party and do not want to leave their vehicle, that public transit is unreliable, or that they do not want to pay for a taxi. However, none of these justifications are sufficient to justify risking the lives of others. Suppose you have been injured in a vehicle accident. In that case, our car accident attorney in Charlotte at Yale Haymond Law PLLC can help you in getting the compensation that you require to pay your medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and other expenses. Our attorney brings ferocity and energy to negotiations and the courtroom.
Following a vehicle accident, the at-fault party’s insurance company may request that you give a written or recorded statement about your case. If you provide any information that may jeopardize your claim, the insurance company may use it against you to avoid paying damages. Insurance companies often employ this technique, particularly if you have not yet engaged a car accident lawyer to handle your claim. The insurance company may pose tricky questions and take your answers out of context. This may give the impression that the collision was your fault rather than the other driver’s. Insurance adjusters are known to be under a lot of pressure from their bosses to settle claims for the least amount of money possible. You may be in discomfort and worried about the future. You may be taking medicine that makes it harder for you to think properly. While you are recovering, a lawyer will look out for your best interests.
When determining your compensation following an accident, several variables come into play. You must evaluate the present and future medical expenses connected with your injuries, as well as the cost of lost earnings. We can also help you figure out where you may get money following a vehicle accident. In many instances, you will seek reimbursement from your insurance coverage and the at-fault motorist’s policy, but this will depend on the details of your case. Contact us at Yale Haymond Law PLLC at (704) 800-HELP (4357) for a case assessment.
Injured by A Drunk Driver?
To obtain financial compensation, you would need to file your legal action against the intoxicated driver. To do so, you will almost certainly require the assistance of a personal injury lawyer who is experienced with how to file and prosecute a vehicle accident case involving alcohol impairment. One difference between a drunk driving case and normal automobile accident litigation is the potential of receiving punitive damages from the motorist. A typical automobile accident lawsuit may result in the determination that the other motorist was negligent. In general, it’s linked with the notion that they did not drive with appropriate care while on the road. Customary damages are economic and non-economic losses that are designed to put you in the same situation you would have been in if the event had never occurred in the first place. When an accident is caused by a drunk driver, North Carolina law may allow for the award of punitive damages.
Getting behind the wheel while having a blood alcohol concentration beyond the legal limit is a startling behavior, particularly when it affects an innocent driver and family. We’ve all been warned not to drink and drive, yet many of us know someone who has been involved in a drunk driving accident—or, worse, have been involved in one ourselves. It is disheartening to face the fact that some people are willing to risk the lives of others by driving under the influence of alcohol.
If a drunk driver has hit you or your loved one, contact Yale Haymond Law PLLC at (704) 800-HELP (4357) for a case assessment.